Friday 9 March 2007

To review!

To Review
Hyperlinks lead to minor accomplishments!

1. The Lion King
2. Omkara
3. Masoom
4. Umrao Jaan, the old version
5. Aakrosh
6. Mirch Masala
7. Mississippi Masala
8. Yojimbo
9. Ran
10. The Hidden Fortress
11. La Stanza del Figlio
12. Come Te Nessuno Mai
13. Johnny Stecchino
14. Maqbool
15. Evita
16. Hotel Rwanda
17. Chihwaeson
18. The Sound of Music
19. Red Beard
20. Hero
21. In the Mood for Love
22. that cool one that's coming out with Chow Yun-Fat, Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Ken Watanabe
23. Infernal Affairs
24. Witness
25. Sparsh
26. Chakra
27. Little Buddha
28. Kundun
29. Naajayaz
30. American History X
31. Harold and Maude
32. The Man with the Golden Arm
33. Norma Rae
34. The Man Who Would Be King
35. Hero Hiralal
36. Princess Mononoke
37. Howl's Moving Castle
38. The Prince of Egypt
39. Casablanca
40. Cache
41. something with Mads Mikkelsens, eventually
42. Aberdeen, maybe
43. Breaking the Waves
44. A Month in the Country
45. Country Life
46. something else that's idyllic and pretty
47. My Beautiful Laundrette
48. Gangaajal
49. the very, very long Mirza Ghalib TV movie where Naseeruddin Shah plays Chacha Ghalib
50. Gandhi, why not
51. Jurassic Park
52. Jurassic Park III
53. Ijaazat
54. Yuva
55. actually, anything by Mani Ratnam
56. Prem Patra
57. Nastik
58. Vijeta
59. Naseeb
60. Naina (Shashi in Venice? yes, please)
61. Chakkar Pe Chakkar
62. Swati
63. Zorba the Greek
64. actually, Shashi Kapoor's entire filmography, YES!
65. and everything ever made with Anil Kapoor, too
66. Old Boy, just to prove my point
67. The Sweet Hereafter
68. Exotica
69. Blade Runner
70. the Star Trek movie where they end up in 1980s San Francisco
71. Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan
72. Crying Fist
73. The Core


8 comments:

SongBird said...

Hmmmmmm...someone else who loves the works of Naseeruddin and Om. I'm having fun discovering the great, the good, the bad and the ugly. You should maybe check out Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro...fun!

And, yes, subtitles are MUCH better than dubbing!

Pleiades said...

Glad to have stumbled across this blog. (And how.) What exactly is Mili's (yes, the 1975, Hrishikesh Mukherjee film) explanation for her name in the film. The dialogue, as I faintly remember, goes something like, 'mil kar bhi nahi mili' or some such.

Actually, I'm so very very glad I came across this blog. There are people who have seen and loved District 9 (While we're on the subject, I'd like to see you guys talk about - Moon - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/).

And there's someone else obsessed with Shashi Kapoor. Man, my heart wept for the guy in so many of his films. (In a good way, I mean, I think...)

Sandy said...

*********************************************************************
Hi PPCC,

Since you have started reviewing Telugu Films..(i see four here..Mahatma, Arundati,Magadheera,Ek Niranjan)..I would suggest/Recommend you to review some other notable (not nonsensically boasted hit) movies in this last two years..

___________________________________

1) Maryada Ramana (2010)
2) Vedam (2010)
3) Prasthanam (2010)
4) Ye Maya Chesave* (2010)
5) Leader (2010)
6) Baanam (2009)
7) Prayanam (2009)

___________________________________

I strongly suggest you to review this films as these are some good movies which needs to be reached to different regional audience irrespective of their language.

Thank you in advance
********************************************************

BhatakBhawani said...

Hey, I came across this movie "Zalzala" (1988) starring Dharmendra, Shatru, Kimi Katkar and Danny Denzongpa (way underrated in B'wood!) I think you should review it!

Anonymous said...

Dude,
Nice site. You haven't reviewed / seen Bawarchi yet? According to me its easily the best hindi movie ever made, feel good, comedy, middleclass story. Its by Hrishikehs Mukherjee *ing Rajesh Khanna and Jaya Badhuri.

Some others in similar theme:
1. Choti si Baat
2. Angoor

For adventure:
1. The burning Train - Dharmendra and Vinod Khanna. BR Chopra's best
2. Kala Pathar - Big B and Shashi, Yash chopra was talented then.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Tampopo is not on your list--one of the greatest films of all time and clearly right up your alley!

Unknown said...

I am glad I came across your blog. Just loved it.I am seeking to more posts from you. I am a big fan of Hindi movies more specifically I am obsessed with the actors by the likes of Pran ,Shammmi Kapoor. I would be glad to hear your help. By the way I was happy to come across a blog where there are people who just love PRAN....

Q Leo Rahman said...

Came across this blog randomly and am enjoying it immensely.

I hope you can finish reviewing Yash Chopra's films (Kabhi Kabhie, Daag, Chandni) and look at the films of Mani Ratnam and Kamal Amrohi.