Sunday 11 January 2009

The PPCC's sense of reality just imploded



AT THE GOLDEN GLOBES! LIKE TWO HOURS AGO!

The PPCC's foundations are getting a bit shaky - realities colliding, BRAIN. CANNOT. PROCESS.

And the best thing: A.R. RAHMAN WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to credit my photo source: High Heel Confidential, bless you!

Edited, like 10 min later: Via Sepia Mutiny, BEST SCREENPLAY!!!!! BEST DIRECTOR!!!!! ANIL HAD A ROBERTO BENIGNI-STYLE FLIP OUT!!!!! SRK (WHO WAS PRESENTING BTW WTF) WORE A SEQUINED TIE UNDER HIS SHIRT?!!!

ARRGHHHH THIS OCEAN THAT DIVIDES US FROM AN AMERICAN TELEVISION SET! For the love of God, someone TiVo this or something and SEND IT TO US ASAP!!

Edited, like 15 min after that: Via Ultrabrown,
best picture.


Aaaaand that's how it goes, folks.

*Oh very happy in my heart, dil dance maare...*

6 comments:

eliza bennet said...

Congrats to Slumdog Team and I loved SRK on stage :)

Anonymous said...

I KNEW Srk would let KJo dress him! I feel like I ought to offer the PPCC congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Anil was really cute---on his feet clapping and yelling everytime the film won something. Your heart would have squished itself right out.

And AR was unbelievably cute. He looked a little shell-shocked, and very very short and I wanted to hug him in the worst way.

SRK was his usual calm and composed self. But yes, I was freaking out and the friends I was watching with (who scoff at me for my Hindi film dil) were impressed :-D Hooray!!!!

and my verification word is sodom 8-(

Anonymous said...

ps it will all show up on YouTube, like, today.

SpyGirl said...

Well, at least you've actually seen the movie. It's not even playing yet here in the hinterlands.

But yay for youtube! Yay for Anil and SRK and everybody!!!

I have to go hunt down this flip-out now, since I missed the broadcast too.

a ppcc representative said...

eliza bennet - He was so classy, wasn't he? Even in the cravat!

Amrita - Ha! I feel so invested in this one, it's like Benigni all over again.

Memsaab - OMG saw it on YouTube and LOVED it. Anil better pull a full Benigni and walk all over Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt's shoulders when they win at the Oscars.

What a verif word, LOL! Poor Memsaab!

SpyGirl - Gasp! You still haven't seen it, woe! Goodness, I felt a little over-satured with hype when I went to see it, and that was a month ago. Don't know what it's gonna be like now! I think Ultrabrown have some links.