Monday 2 February 2009

Reality implosion #2

We live in a world where Anil Kapoor gets billed over Steve Martin, who is referred to as an afterthought.

From the Orlando Sentinel blog:
Tuesday morning: "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" host meets "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" host.

Regis Philbin, who helped make "Millionaire" a sensation in the United States, talks to Anil Kapoor, who plays the host of the Indian version of the game show in "Slumdog Millionaire." You can see the interview at 9 a.m. on "Live With Regis and Kelly" on WESH-Channel 2.

Kapoor has been called the "Indian Regis Philbin." I wonder what Philbin thinks of that designation if he's seen the movie, which is the front-runner for the Academy Awards' best picture.

Steve Martin will be another guest Tuesday.


"Oh yeah... and Steve Martin" is the name of our new band.

Gentle PPCC readers in America: please watch and report back!

5 comments:

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Along the leitmotif of implosion, and then doing theme and variations on it, how great would it be if Anil Kapoor did the King Tut song?!? SO GREAT.

Anonymous said...

Yes pls, American readers it would be really good if you could report back to help us folks in the Southern Hemsiphere too ie Down Under!

Cheers

NidaMarie said...

LOL, nothing against Steve Martin, but...this is so cool! I've got to see the interview! I guess I missed it but can surely find it on youtube.

I'm loving your devotion to Anil Kapoor, by the way. Before "Slumdog", having seen very little of his films, I may not have made it a point to seek out some of his work. Until now--thanks you!

eliza bennet said...

Hahahaaa, you didn't make me an Anil fan yet but at least I managed to watch two more of the films he starred in than I would have (now I want to watch Mr.India, it is going to take time but I'm thinking of giving a try)
:)

Looks like Anil chanelled Benigni during SAG awards and lost some love.

Filmi Girl said...

I didn't get to see it but I did catch him with Kathie and Hoda and he made them all blushy!!! JUST LIKE WE WOULD BE!!!

I'm so glad Anil Kapoor is making the talk show rounds... :)