Well, while we were in the car, and we were thinking about how to express this feeling, we started looking for examples. At the time, we couldn't find any. But then we watched Pyar Ka Mausam, and now we have a lot.
Pyar Ka Mausam (The Season of Love) has many moments which fill us with this happy light. It's not really funny, though we did laugh at some points, nor is it a particularly amazing film (we ended up playing Sudoku in the non-Shashi scenes and fastforwarding through the songs during the end, we were that unengaged). But there were some things that just made us glow in that internal way, like a lightbug. We will now list them, just to ruin it for you. Ha ha.
- The scene when Sunil (Shashi Kapoor) cons his way into a 1960s mod picnic. As he walks up to the group of youngsters, a gaggle of mod girls (the Pink Ladies?) look over their sunglasses and exclaim, "Hey, who's that hot guy? Why, he looks just like Shashi Kapoor." (We kid you not.)
- Later in the same scene, when Sunil indicates a nearby field and says, "Look. See those women working in the field?" And all the workers stand up at attention.
- A bit later in the same scene, when Sunil challenges Girl Lead to a singing duel. "Ha, well you're no Lata Mangeshkar!" he boasts. "And you're no Mohammad Rafi!" she retaliates. And then the song starts, and it's sung by Lata and Mohammad.
- The play-within-a-film which introduces us to Girl Lead's suitors, who end up materializing in the film itself.
- Shashi breaking the fourth wall a number of times, but especially during the gypsy song.
- Actually, the gypsy song altogether. WTF?